October 21, 2017, 07:41:45 PM
bigger smaller reset 800px Wide width Full width Reset * *

NRTracks

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NR Tracks (Abstract)  (Read 2839 times)
fortine_oo
Legacy

« on: December 04, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »

Sad
While you are re-structuring NR Tracks (Abstract), is there any chance you could get together a site map page so we can access the rest of the goodies in the meantime?
Lyndon
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 07:48:10 PM »

Sorry fortine_oo... I wasn't aware that anyone was still using any of the other stuff.  What are you missing? Most of the content (well probably all of it) is still up, I just thought it might be obsolete and wasn't in a hurry to update.  Easier to take stuff out than put it in I guess. I'll be more than happy to provide whatever links you still consider relevant.  Wink
fortine_oo
Legacy

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:52:09 PM »

Lyndon

You had a lot of content, it's hard for me to remember everything you had up. The features were interesting (and I think you still owe us #8), but there was a lot information there. I always enjoy reading your writings, and I'm sure I'm not alone on that count. thumbsup    It seems a shame to let it go. There's new nr2003'ers coming every day who could benefit from your insight.
I was hoping you could add a track site page. Something similar to the download page, a list of the pages which is a shortcut to the actual page.  

fortine_oo

Edit
While I still think the sitemap is a good idea, just because it makes navigation foolproof, I suppose there might not be a need if you open your eyes after clicking on a track from the tracklist. The links are still in the frame left of the track review.  wacko
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:51:54 PM by fortine_oo » Logged
Lyndon
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »

Lol--yeah I made a lot of half-baked assumptions when I made the changes--such as assuming that since the tracks were still linked from the trackslist that the content would still be found. That is not evident though if you are used to navigating a site in a particular way.  A big problem with the site is that the pages were all individually done in html (although I obviously used individualized templates and a lot of C & P) instead of using php or a content management system (such as Drupal or Joomla et al). Which is why updates have been so long coming.  I have wanted to put everything in database form (as opposed to the spreadsheet methods I used for convenience) but I haven't hit on the right combination. The database programs I've played with have seemed so... uhm... curmudgeonly (?). I guess I'm trying to say overweight and needlessly complex. But I have long been known for making things harder than they really are.  Grin
fortine_oo
Legacy

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 03:56:29 PM »

BTW, under "Other Tracks (Orphanated, Etc.)", CARmen Park and Supercell download links are "404 Error File Not Found". I did find them at DEI (misc tracks). There are 4 versions of Supercell.

Edit:
I see you updated the download links for CARmen Park & Supercell. Thank You.
Any chance you could add Metro to the fictional RC track list?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:05:18 AM by fortine_oo » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: