January 23, 2018, 07:41:52 AM
bigger smaller reset 800px Wide width Full width Reset * *

NRTracks

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sandbox Tutorial  (Read 2855 times)
Lyndon
Administrator

« on: October 29, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

This tutorial is the one posted at The Pits but I took it apart and stripped the background out of it--it was just so tough for me to  read with the flag background. So if anyone has the vision disability I have (called "> 50") maybe this will help. I believe the author of this one was David Jensen (aka DDawg) but I don't know if I actually read this in the tutorial anywhere.

A pdf in a zip--I don't know why my site has been balking at accepting xls and pdf files lately. Must be for reasons of national security.

Pits Sandbox Tutorial
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:16:18 PM by Lyndon » Logged
fortine_oo
Legacy

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:14:40 AM »

I'm getting "a damaged file" message when I try to open the pdf.
I'm using v7.0.
Lyndon
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 02:59:09 AM »

I'm using v7.0.

Hmmm... at one point I got fed up with Adobe and started using Foxit to read pdf's and various other programs to disassemble and compose. I didn't have such issues with a newer Adobe on another comp that crashed recently but I don't know what version--I'll have to check it out 'cause I only tried it in Foxit. I'm sure you know the tutorial-- it is in online form at http://members.fortunecity.com/havoline28/pageone.htm (which I didn't realize was the same one until stripping the background out of this one  blush). The html file seemed huge though compared to having it in pdf.
Lyndon
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 03:23:45 AM »

I'm using v7.0.

Hmmm... at one point I got fed up with Adobe and started using Foxit to read pdf's and various other programs to disassemble and compose. I didn't have such issues with a newer Adobe on another comp that crashed recently but I don't know what version--I'll have to check it out 'cause I only tried it in Foxit. I'm sure you know the tutorial-- it is in online form at http://members.fortunecity.com/havoline28/pageone.htm (which I didn't realize was the same one until stripping the background out of this one  blush). The html file seemed huge though compared to having it in pdf.

OK--it didn't seem to work with anything after I unzipped..I rezipped leaving the file uncompressed and then re-uploaded. When I finally got rid of the cached file and tried another DL it seemed to work fine. (Sigh--it always something)

Pits Sandbox Tutorial
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:28:11 AM by Lyndon » Logged
fortine_oo
Legacy

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »

thumbsup

checkeredflag
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: